You Will Be My Ain' True Love
By Alison Krauss
from Cold Mountain
You'll walk unscathed through musket fire,
No ploughman's blade will cut thee down,
No cutlass pull will mark thy face,
And you will be my ain true love,
And you will be my ain true love
And as you walk through death's dark vale,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love,
And you will be my ain true love.
Asleep inside the cannon's mouth,
The captain cries, "Here comes the rout,"
They'll seek to find me north and south,
I've gone to find my ain true love.
The field is cut and bleeds too red,
The cannon balls fly round my head,
The infirmary man may count me dead,
When I've gone to find my ain true love,
I've gone to find my ain true love.
I chose this
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that what "Little Steven" was talking about, about what music has become is very important. Todays music is always talking about sex and drugs and not the actual meaning to life. Artists like Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band are a good example of what rock and roll is really like. I got a chance to experience that feeling at the age of ten when i flew out to Denver Colorado so see him. It was amazing. If I had to choose a song about real life things and a true meaning I would choose. . .
Artist-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
Song-Land Of Hope And Dreams
That song talks about how people are judged so much about what they do. Like if someone does something bad in there life they'll
always be that way but that isn't true. Everyone should be treated equal and nobody should feel bad or be left behind, and everyone deserves a second chance.
Michaela Deverell
I agree with "Little Steven" that there is not enough importance of music in schools. Music can show ethnicity, faith, or personal opinion as a way of expressing yourself. If you take that away or make it un-important, think about what how you are affecting kids who love music.
I mean, most of the African culture is molded by the music. America (it's nice) has adapted all kinds of people and music varieties. I think that's why I agree and understand where Steve Van Zandt is coming from.
The song I chose was
You Will Be My Ain' True Love
By Alison Krauss.
You should listen to her sing it...I think that's what makes the song so beautiful. Not just the words. I love it!
Katie Fowlds
Post a Comment