This week in honor of our RIF read in day on Wednesday I would like you to recommend a book to your classmates. Briefly tell about the book without giving away the ending. Then tell why you think eighth graders would particularly like this book. For some good examples of how to this check out readingrants.org. They are my favorite site for good recommendations for tenn literature. There are lots of lists by different genre or interest.
Mrs. M
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
My favorite book would have to be "Code Orange."
It was a great book full of adrenaline, and adventures. The most outrageous things happen in this story. For example the main character's jaw gets broken and he forces a nail through his jaw,he gets so weak he can barley move. I would recommend this book to anyone! (who could handle it)
!.#*Shelby*#.!
Dear Mrs. Masterson,
My favorite book is Diane, Wild Magic. It is by Tamora Pierce. I like Diane because it is about a strong willed girl who wants to fit in but it defies how she had grown up. In the book she finds friends is odd places and other things like that.
Victoria mcGuire
my favorite book is so. b. it. by sarah weeks. it is about a girl named hiedi whose mom has mental problems. when hiedi was a baby a young girl named bernadette found them wandering the streets, and took them in. about 13 years later is when the real story begins. hiedi's mom can only say a few words, and one of them is soof. no one knows what soof means so hiedi goes on a trip to her mom's mysterious past to figure out what soof means. i would recomend this book because... well it's really good, and it has a good plot and meaning.
:)cassie davis(:
The book I chose is The Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings. This book is good for teens. In the book the main character has a tradgety happen to him and soon after his freinds star acting weird and he questions if it was his falt. He starts having problems with his family and wonders if he should tell the truth or protect his freinds. I thought this book was great. I think everyone should read this book.
-Colton-
My favortie book is "The Theif Lord" by Cornelia Funke.
This book appealed to me because I like the intelligence of the characters and the way when bad things happen, they can come together and pull eachother up.
I would recommend this book to anyone. Even kids who dont necesarily like to read...I think they could connect with the real-life type of characters and maybe enjoy the book.
The characters are a group of orphaned kids who are trying to make it on the streets. Alot happens with crazy un unexpected events,stealing, spying, lying, helping eachother, and sticking by one another.
Its a good book.
katie fowlds
My favorite book would have to be Touching Sprite Bear by, Ben Mikaelsen. I thought it was a really good book because there is a lot of action and it is really intense. This book keeps u in suspense. I would recommend this book to anyone in middle school because I thought this was a really god book and i don't really like ANY books that much.
DyLaN CoLlInS
My favorite book would have to be "Twilight" by Stephine Meyers. It was an awesome book because it was full of adventures and suspences. The craziest thing about this book to me was when Edward and Bella went to the meadow and she saw the real vampire hidden inside of him. Also, when the tracker found Bella and tried to kill her. I love this book, it's totally intense. I would REALLY recommend this book to just about anyone.
Kesslea Christensen
Among the Hidden Series would be my favorite series. The first book is about a boy who is illegal. He is the third child and where he is from having a third child is illegal. He lives in the attic and very seldomly comes down. He then meets another third child and ends up sneaking out. I like this book a lot. i recommend this a book to my clssmates.
alicia swindler
My favorite book would have to be People Of Sparks because it is a really good book with descriptive words. It starts out with people who live underground and they run out of supplies so they find a secret way up to the surface and they are not used to the sunlight and they find a village full of people. This was a really good book because of the story line. by Daegen
My favorite book is touching spiret
bear.by ben mikealson. It was a very good book fill with action, adventure and and filled with suspence and I the book get to you. I can't wait untell ben mikealson rites a seqeul.i would recommend this book to eny body! olijawan helms
My favorite book is The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks because he writes in such a way that you feel every emotion even if you've never been through it. It's a great read.
Katy A.
My favorite book and one I recommend would be "city of ember". It's actually could be a book for many ages, but I think it's a very well written. It's about a boy who lives underground with the rest of his town. He keeps getting clues to an outside world they don't know of (on top of them). He lives in a world where supplies are running out and the city is dying. The town was created down there for a reason, which you will find out if you read the story.
Austin B. :)
A really good book that I would recommend to eighth graders would probably have to be "A Child Called It". A lot of people have already read that book but also some people havn't. If you don't like sad books then this probably wouldn't be the right book for you. It is a true life story about a boy who has been really neglected and abused by his mother. She does terrible things to him but he fights it and tries to move on. It was a really good book I couldn't get myself to put it down. I think it is a good book for eighth graders because this a time for us when we think that the world is crashing down on us for various reasons like relationships, And home life stuff. The book really shows people that they should see that there life isnt as bad as others.
~Emily~
My favorite book would have to be. . . . The Phantom. Its a sad and romantic story about a young boy facing abuse and rejection throughout his life, only because of a messed up face when he was born. No one loves him not even his mother, the only gift ever gaven to him was a mask to cover his hideous face. Erik (phantom) has to face ruff obsticals in his life including being put into a feak show circus. As he grows older he finds and falls in love with an opera singer Christine by listening under the Paris Opera House which ends up being his new home. By horrible rumors people become afraid of him and fear in his presents. Only Christine knows his real passion for music and her love. I think this is a great book!!!!!!!!
MICHAELA DEVERELL
A really good book that I would recommend would have to be "Tuck ever lasting" because it is funny, sad, romantic, and kind of based on a mystery about a water that makes you live FOR EVER. it is kind of about a girl and meeting the family.and see the world differnt now that she meets the family.
~Mary
One of my favorite books is Percy Jackson and the Lightnining Thief. I know we have a copy in the Library but I can't remember the author's name. It is a good book for many reasons,
1)You learn about Greek mythology
2)Has middle school humor
3)Good story line
4)Good characters
I read all three books in the series this summer and I am waiting for the new one to come out! I highly recommend this book to everyone.It is a action packed adventure of Percy, Grover, Annabeth, to discover the mystery of Zeus' missing lightning bolt.
~ Jocelyn ~
Post a Comment