Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Tuesday

This week I want you to find an online article about Super Tuesday. If you aren't sure where to start I would try some of these: www.nytimes.com, www.cnn.com, www.ap.org, www.bendbulletin.com, www.time.com. Make sure you include the web address of your article in your blog statement.

Tell us about the article and what you think about the race. Do you think that America should have a national primary? What do you think about the idea of the electorial college? Do we need this anymore? What are your thoughts on election fraud?

Please DO NOT make your blog a pitch for one candidate or another. Please stick to the assignment. Remember you should write 6-8 sentences.

Mrs. M

18 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

So, I looked at the results as of today February 5th 2008... This is what I found:
Democrats Republicans
Obama 63% McCain 93%
Clinton 48% Rommney 77%
Gravel 0% Huckabee 40%
Paul 4%

I found these results @ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22419475


The actual election is 'The United States presidential election of 2008, scheduled to be held on November 4, 2008, will be the 56th consecutive quadrennial election for president'.

Im not sure about who I want to win but; it looks like it is going to be between Obama and McCain.

We'll just have to wait and see. =]

ashley

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

The main site I visited is http://www.cnn.com/ I visited sevrel sites and they are all saying different things. I think that this race has been kind of dirty and there have been some very rude things said, both from the canidits and about them. The magizines and newscasts are all telling me different things so it is hard to really hard to keep the story straight. I think it is good that American's are voting at different times because otherwise there would be too much stress on the machines and if there were any problems it would through the election off. I think that the people should choose the President not the electorial college. I am excited to see what is going to happen, it's gonna be good.

~ Jocelyn ~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Well the site i went to was www.nytimes.com:

the article was acceptional... but it didn't catch my attention. The race is something i'm not sure how to understand.I don't like listening to this kind of suff and i dont feel like the U.S. needs it anymore.election fraud isnt right.

Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Well the site i went to was www.nytimes.com:

the article was acceptional... but it didn't catch my attention. The race is something i'm not sure how to understand.I don't like listening to this kind of suff and i dont feel like the U.S. needs it anymore.election fraud isnt right.

Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

the web site i went to was
www.time.com

out of what i have read I think hillory clinton is going to win. Me i do think there should national primary because if we got all the votes in at the same time then we could pick the presedent faster. I think we should keed the electoral clloge because they help the election go smoother. If we did't have them we might not of had the presodents we have had in the past.

This was writon
by: Stevy Presler

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

So far from what I have read these were the winners I saw from today

Obama - voted in 13 states

Hilary Cliton - voted in 8 states

Mccain - voted in 9 stats

Romeney - voted in 8 states

Huckabee - voted in 5 states


http://thepage.time.com/

I think that from watching the news, reading magizne articles, etc. That the whole election can get out of hanf at times, with rude and ignorent judges, like not wanting to vote for someone on race or gender. I think some of the coments I have heard can be pretty nasty and just uneacary.

I don't really agree with the natnial primary because of all diffrent states in the country are voteing at diffrent times, I don't think its very smart. The reason is because if say hilary makes a speach that people like, then say a lot of one state voted for her becuase they like what she has to say. And if months later they hear her say something they toatally don't like they would probaply get iritated becuase their votes were already in and then there is nothing they can do about it. So I think all of america should voted at the same times so they have the full story on all the canidents and they can be sure to vote on who they think is right after months of hearing on what evreyone has to say.

-Haley

Anonymous said...

The real election for 'The United States presidential election of 2008, which is to be held on November 4, 2008'.

I really want Obama to win because I'm a Democrat and I think he has the best plans. A good thing is it looks like it is going to be between Obama and McCain. Also on the ticket I think it would be cool to have Obama and Clinton, or vice visa.

Kesslea Christensen

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

The main websight I wused was ney york times .com I leard that obama has a lot more states than hilery but she has the big ones like californa and new york. but with the rupublikens the leader has the most states and the bigest.


patrick Ely

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

The site I visited was www.nytimes.com. I don't think we should have a national primary. It's easier to vote when there is only one person from each party, instead of having to decide from all of the canidates in the party. We don't need the Electoral College any more. The reason we vote is for us to decide who is the president not the Electoral College. I do not think that that there could be an election fraud unless it is when the votes are being counted.


-Colton-

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that they should get rid of the collage thing and just let us vote our selfs but being that i like hilary and she's not in the lead right now i guess i like them.i also went http://www.msnbc.msn.com
and the % are still


Democrats Republicans
Obama 63% McCain 93%
Clinton 48% Rommney 77%
Gravel 0% Huckabee 40%
Paul 4%

makayla wood
lol masterson

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I checked out the results for everyone running in the campaign at found out a couple interesting things.
One being, Romney just dropped out.
Two, Obama has more states than Clinton, but Clinton has the larger states such as Cali. and New York.
And lastly, the website I went to:
http://www.cnn.com has had some rude comments either from one campaign to another, or about the candidates. Seems like this election is going to be tight.

I don't think we should have a national primary, because that's so much stress on the people and machines...what if something goes wrong?

And I don't think we should have the electoral vote. Because, it's about the country's opinion, not the people in the electoral college. Like with the Bush vs. Gore election. Al Gore would have won by popular vote but the electoral college ruled Bush over him. I have my opinions on that.

By katie fowlds

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I looked at MSNBC.com and read the article they posted about Super Tuesday and I think that Jocelyn made a good point about how the race was somewhat dirty and how there was some rude things said. Also even though Obama ended up getting more states than Hilary she still got California and New York, which are huge. Obama is the leader of the democrats and the leader of the republicans is McCain. I also find this more and more interesting as I read on.

--Katy Ainsworth

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

"Around the first of the year, the longstanding consensus that the so-called "chattering classes" had agreed to began to fall apart. Mike Huckabee and Barack Obama started shooting up in the polls passing longtime front runners Romney and Clinton for first place in Iowa, and suddenly John McCain displaced Rudy Guiliani and Romney as the front-runner in New Hampshire. When Iowa held its caucuses at last, the two upstart campaigns were triumphant". . .

This is the article i found at http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Presidential_election%2C_2008#The_Primaries

I think this is going to be a close elction cuase right now Obama is in the lead and so is John McCain. If I were old enough to vote i would probably vote for John McCain cause think he would be the best president. I think that it sucks that Guillioni had to drop out because he didnt have any money left cause even if Hillary gets the lowest she can still be in the run because she has the money. I think presidency is a complicated and stressful thing to dal with.

~Emily~
(P.S sorry this is so long I didnt know if i was suppose to show the article on the line.)

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think its interesting that Clinton and Obama set a new record for fundraising, since they had such a strong start in 2007. Two days after the republican primaries, John McCain was decided the head of the republican race.
Clinton won New York,
Obama won New Hampshire,
Huckabee won four southern states and West Virginia,
McCain won most delegates.

I found this information at www.npr.org/news/specials/election2008/cashfeb7.html

~Rachael~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I went to http://www.cnn.com/ to get my info on the very tight race for president.I thought the race was mostly about hialary and obama that was a realy tight race between them but you will never know till the end of the race.On the Republicans mccain is mostly winning but you never know.

daegen

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Democratic voters remain evenly split over which of their candidates they would rather see get the nomination.

Sen. Barack Obama won more states Tuesday, but Sen. Hillary Clinton won states with higher delegate counts.

McCain capped the night by taking California and its 170 delegates.

After having been nearly written off last summer, the Arizona senator finally felt comfortable enough to call himself the front-runner.

"Tonight I think we must get used to the idea that we are the Republican Party front-runner for the nomination of president of the United States. And I don't really mind it one bit," he said as results came in Tuesday.

This was at-
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/05/super.main/index.html

DyLaN CoLlInS

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

The web site that I used was CNN.com/allpolitics. The results that I found were Obama with 68%, Mcain 83%, Clinton 39%, Romney 82%, and huchabee with 30%. I do not know who will win the election but it has to be better then the president know. WE will just have to wait and see. {DREW}

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I visited nytimes.com because i know that it is one of the main websites for the election. I think that super tuesday is a big prediction to decide on who is gong to take the lead. I would like to see Obama win the election just because of the way he speaks to the people and how everyone understands him and how our rights to freedom is fair.
To be honest with you i think that Hilary Clinton is a phony. I don't know what it is but i just feel that she is fake and doesn't always mean what she says. That's just my opinion about her.
Obama is 63% and Clinton is 48% so I hope that Obama will win!!!!!


Michaela Deverell :)