Gas is predicted to go up in cost to $3.50 or $4.00 a gallon this summer! What do you think is the solution to this problem? How do you feel knowing that when you are old enough to drive that you may not be able to afford too. Do you think that biofuels could make the difference? What about buses or other formed of transportation; are they the answer?
Some people think that we would not be in the middle east an Iraq if it were not for oil. Do you agree or disagree? Are you willing to give up your computer, your ipod, your CD"s all of these things are made out of fossil fuels? This will be a big problem for your generation what do you think?
Mrs. M
PS Write well and at an eighth grade level. Write 8- 10 sentences and check spelling, please!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
37 comments:
If this is true then all kinds of transportation will become more expensive. I think more people should be aware of this situation and take act in some way. When I went to Costa Rica, I noticed the gas prices were even more expensive there than they are here. That means this gas crisis could effect the whole world. The only way we can fix this is to make all the alternative fuels there is. But if the gas prices get too expensive, the only solution is buses or other forms of transportation.
I agree that we wouldn't be in Iraq if it wasn't for oil. We needed oil to transport our troops, tanks and supplies. I don't think I would give up my electronics for fuel. But this is a serious issue that should be noticed.
Austin B.
This situation is crazy. When I get older how do they expect me to afford this. My parents always say that the gas is so high or we have to save up on gas. If some of us are struggling to pay the amount we are given now, how do they expect us to pay that large of an amount?
I think it's stupid that we are Iraq. It is because of this cause that we are in Iraq. Why is the gas going up so high? Gas is the reason why many are dying. Men and women are sacrificing their lives. This is ridiculous. Would I give up my electronics for fuel? Most likely not, but if this situation gets out of hand we might need to.
sorry the one above ^^^^^^^^
is mine
-alicia swindler
I think that it is crazy that the gas prices are going up. there is still lots of oil out there. No body nows how much oil there is in the world or how little there is. The problem is that we can not get it in the refineres fast enof. I think that we need more refineres so we can make more gas.
Patrick G. Ely
sorry I was not finished. I think that it is crazy that the gas prices are going up. there is still lots of oil out there. No body nows how much oil there is in the world or how little there is. The problem is that we can not get it in the refineres fast enof. I think that we need more refineres so we can make more gas. I would not give up my electronics for oil. I think we would still be in iraq becouse there are other resons that we are there, oil is one of the resons that we are there.other resons is that we are were attack by terrorist on our soil. I do not think we are in an oil crisis.
Patrick G. Ely
I am a republican. I think that George Bush is doing a good job as president. people who think that he is dumb are insane how can you be dumb and go to Harvord university. Why don' you try and be president if it is so easy. I think we need to be in iraq. People who think that we are in iraq only for oil are insane, They attacked us!!
Hippie HATER!!!!
PUFF PUFF ANGRY HIPPIE
Ethan
Having this happen might make people not even want to drive anymore.I know i wouldn't it's rediculous raising the prices for stupid reasons. What about when we get older are the prices just gonna keep raising and raising. They might have good reasons for it, but how do they think we feel about? I personally don't agree with anything that there doing.
Sierra
I think it is stupid how much gas is going up and there is so much oil out there plus we should just use the natural products out there like plant oils or some thing i mean how our we going to be able to buy gas when it's 5 dollars a gallon and there is no point of going to war for stupid oil when we have natural oils here.Ithink this is a major crisis and we should do some thing about it.
makatla w.
sorry i mean makayla wood
If gas prices continue to raise I feel that, more and more people will stop driving. More people should get fuel efficiant vehicles, that are safe and good for this Earth. Gas is getting so expensive and I feel that if the prices continue to raise we, will not be able to support our troops in Iraq. Going Green is a great idea to keep this Earth safe and clean. I really do hope that EVERYBODY on Earth will start to use safer fuel/ alternitive fuel that is good for the Earth.
*ashley dunham*
I think it's crazy how hight gas prices are now a day's i heard it's going to get up to $4.00 this summer. now that the power crisis is going on more people should take it in to consideration of what's going on and save power.
Stevy P.
I think the gas prices are rediculous!My family and i are all going to Silverwood this summer and we have been saving up, but the savings we have now probably wont even be able to pay for the gas!THIS GAS ISSUE IS DISABLING FAMILIES EVERYWHERE FROM GETING OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GOING SOMEWHERE FUN!I think the biofuel is a GREAT idea, because we wont have to ship it in from other places, we can make it right here in America. Plus it's better for the enviorment, and will not contribute to global warming.WE NEED TO HAVE A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!
*~Shelby~*
If this would happen and all transportation would be super expensive, other than walking or bike riding(which is what I'll be doing).I think people take action, so they can't just keep making it more and more expensive. I wish we could stop being so dependent upon other countries for our means of transportation and find an alteritive to the gas. If the gas price keep sky rocketing upward then life as many people know it to be. I agree that we wouldn't be in Iraq if it wasn't for the oil. We need the oil to transport the troops, supplies and alot more but I think we need to just get out of Iraq and let them be. I hope people begin relieze this.
Kesslea
Yes it is crazy that the gas prices are going sky high. It is possible that gas prices could affect the whole world. I do agree that we wouldn't be in Iraq if we didn't need oil. There is no way that I would give up my ipod, and other electronics for fuel; at least i don't think so!!!!! I think the only transportation that we would have for a back up would be buses. I don't like everything that is going on and I don't agree with what is being done to stop it.
Brandi Sedlacek
I think this is so insane! Why do they need to rays gas prices so much? The world hasn't and isn't going to run out of money anytime soon. Or run out of oil, and gas. And maybe the gas company would realize that they are raising the gas prices to high if we all took the bus and car pooled.Maybe it would work and maybe it wouldn't. but its worth a try.
Sarah Alford
I think its CRAZY also I don't understand why they have to raise the prise! When I'm 16 and have a permit I'm going to want to drive but if the prise keeps going on like this I'm not going to get a chance. I agree with Austin about the crisis effecting the whole world. I also think that we are in Iraq just for the oil. I would give up my electronics if I really had to.
I think biofuels would be great for the world.
-Heather Rosema
I think gas prices are rediculis. Instead of putting so much effort into gas and worring about everything
and just making stuff worse why dont we just put al our thinking into making no ways to transport. Once we make a car that runs on hygregen everything will be better. Hygegren is what we have the most of on earth so it wont cost as much and it will be better for the enviorment. If gas
prices keep raising witch they will more people will start flying instead of driving to places because pretty soon it will be cheaper. Thats what I think about the gas prices.
-Colton-
We are not in an energy crisis, there is tones of oil out there. We are not in Iraq only for oil they attacked us! People need to wake up and stop calling our president a dumby. If you do not like this contry go live someware fare away from the US.
From
Hippie Hater
When in that case than that is crazy and it will be alot harder for people to get places with those prices. And oil is a big problem to get these days and the solution to this is to find a different kind of fules.
kierre mccutcheon
I think it's ridiculous that gas prices are going up so much. A couple years ago I made my mom a bet that the gas prices were going to eventually go over three dollars and I won. I didn't actually believe myself until I actually saw it happen. When the prices get up to around 4.00 I wonder if people will go on strike and if they do then I wonder how that will result. Just like the Writer's Strike. I don't understand why gas prices have anything to do with Iraq, it's slightly confusing.
--Katy A.
I think that gas costs WAY to much. I wouldn't give up my Ipod and stuff but I think biofuels might work. I also don't think buses would work either because the people that already ride those buses wouldn't be able to because they would be too crowded. I think we could fix this by mabey carpooling or not going out just to drive.
DyLaN CoLlInS
people using to much solar power is rediculous! People who are over using electristy raises familes electeric bills people are getting really stresed out becuase of it. I have one silution for them. Stop over using your electristy! If you leave a room turn of the light, computer and tv if you arn't paying attention to it. It is much better for the earth if people start saving solar power.
-haley
Well first of all I think that the gas prices have gotten ridiculously expensive and hope that the summer prices don’t get to be four dollars. I want to be able to drive without have to pay an absurd amount of money for gas when im older and able to drive without constantly worrying
about gas money. Also with the Biofuels we also have to wonder about how much land and food it would have to take to make all the Biofuel that we need in order to get around town then after that then maybe I think that Biofuel would maybe be helpful to us. Possibly buses and
transportation might be our only way to get to places then that would be bad for me because I don’t like to ride buses there unsanitary. Well over all I hope gas goes bake down soon!
~.`Mary`.~
I think gas prices are WAY to high. I definitely think that biofuels will make the difference because they are much more eco-friendly, and don't take as much from the environment. I will have to be able to drive when I'm 16, because of the after school stuff i will still have to do, so I hope the prices go back down.
~Rachael~
well personally i think that gas prices are to high and if i wanna car when i turn 16 i don't know if ill be able to drive it if gas prices get up to 4 dollars. i think we should stop the war in iraq if its affecting the prices on gas as much as it is. are country should think about how the gas is impacting people instead of trying to kill people in iraq.
from the shane neal hunt
I think that gas prices will get above four dollars because we can not refine it fast enought. I hate that I might not be able to drive when I am 16 because the gas prices are to high.We should make more refineries so that there will be more gas in the world. DREW
Gas is way to expensive. 20 years ago it was like 90 cents a gallon. I would still drive when i turn 16 because I can and it's fun. I would rather pay money to drive then walk or ride a bike.
Steven
\,,/ (-_-) \,,/
It think that gas prices are going up way to far long long years ago you could get a gallon of gas for like 87 cents maybe, but now you have to pay more than three dollars for one gallon of gas. I think thats dumb. There is so much more oil in the world that w don't nee to pay so much for it. when I'm an adult gas prices are going to be like over four dollars i bet. I think that we should do something about it.
~EMILY~
I think that gas prices have gone through the roof threw these years. Every day gas prices go up it's insane! I have a bible group at my church in bend and my mom can barely take me in there because of the gas prices. I wish that the gas prices were back in the old days where it was only a few cents that would be awesome!!!! The biofuel would be a great idea because it would be so cheap and people would save so much money it would make such a difference.
Michaela Deverell :)
Also I’m not really sure I want to give up my computer and ipod. Think that my computer and ipod are pretty important to me and cost a lot of money to get. Well for fight now I’m hope that some how we will finger this solution out.
mary
First of all, I think the gas prices we may be getting are insane. We were all affected by the rise from last year and now even more?? Crazy, what are we coming to? This is going to be a crisis that probably wont affect just us, but everyone. I think we can help fix this (if it's not already beyond repair) by using all the alternative fuels we can scratch up.
I think the rise of gas will hurt low income people and everyone else, for that matter. So, we need cars that will help us like cars that run on synergy.
Im not sure if there is a way to prevent oil spills, but I just know right now, it seems like we can't afford to loose any. We may not always have these, and no to mention, it's horrible for the environment and animals when an oil spill does occur.
Im just thinking on how much this is going to suck when I can drive. How am I going to pay for it? This means riding the bus, or being stuck...and I don't want either.
As for Iraq, I don't know why we're still there. And I don't think most people do, were are spending money to repair what we destroyed, for Iraq. i have a hunch we are there to get oil, we need it. I don't know, but I don't like this war or the situation.
This is important for now and the future and we need to do something to help before we can't.
katie fowlds
I can't believe how high gas prices are!! I think the solution is to use more public transportation,other forms of transportation ( bike, scooter, ect ) and more energy efficient vehicles. I believe that if America wasn't so dependent on foreign fuel we would not be in Iraq.I would be willing to give up my electronics to save the country because I don't use them much anyway. I can find other things to do. I think this could be a very promlematic situation in the near future.
~ Jocelyn ~
does nobody read what i write there is lodes of gas out there. We are not in the war for just oil they attacked us 9/11 remember.
Hippie Hater
Do you know what ticks me off when people say we have no bisnees being in iraq. First of all they attacked. that is like saying when Germany envaded polond that Europe hade no reasone to go to war. We are not ina eanergy crisis eather the problem is the envermentalis will not let us bild more refiners to make gas Becouse suposovly it is bad for the envierment did you know that mars is heating up also there are no humans there!!
Hippie Hater
please stop writing Hippie Hater.
it's fine to express your opinion but it's rude to say if we disagree we should "move far away from the Us" and we should "wake up" because we disagree with you.
so please dont be so rude
your fellow student
Post a Comment