Work on writing at least 6-8 sentences or more for your response. Include something from the story so we know you really read it. Do you think that people's kindenesses make a difference? Have you ever had a situation where you thought you were in big trouble but you weren't? Are there any circumstances that are so desperate where it would be ok to steal? What is the lesson or moral of this story?
When I was in middle school I dropped our TV. I though I was dead meat. I burst inro tears. My uncle asked my Dad if he was going to punish me. He said" I think she is punishing herself enough." Turns out the handle broke but the TV was fine. My dad told me years later that he felt bad because the TV was too heavy for me to carry and that he should have been the one moving it so he sort of thought the whole thing was his fault.
Do you have a story to share?
Mrs. M
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Dear Mrs.Masterson,
I likeds this story though I don't really think that someone would give a thef money, or a plate to eat. I don't think they'd invite them into thier house or make the thef wash his (in this story) face.
I liked the fact that the lady (Mrs.Jones) gave the kid money as well as some food, and didn't even ask for the boys name, address, or phone number. She didn't even call the police. that's one strong woman.
Victoria McGuire
Mrs.Masterson-
That's a cute story.
Well, the only story I have similar to yours is:
I went to do house cleaning for a neighboor who's like 99 (seriously) and it was I think a week after we got our new puppy. Her house is only down the street, and I didn't think the dogs (I have 2- 1 is Jewel and the puppy is Maverick.)would follow me to the house.
But, they did, and when my brother came to the house and told me he could'nt find the puppy, I was terrified that i just lost our 500$ puppy we just got. Well, turns out he got stuck under the deck, so when Sam called him he didn't come.
But he's with us and we love him.
Katie Fowlds
that was a good story that would not be fun to do house cleaning in a 99 year old persons house.that was good when the person gave him money
daegen
I thought this story was an unusual story and that the lady was wacko. It was wrong for the boy to steal but what an unusual "punishment". She helped him instead of calling the cops which is what I would have done.
What if someone did that in real life and the person they were trying to steal from just gave them stuff, wouldn't that be sending out the wrong message? Besides that it was a cute story.
--Katy Ainsworth
i think this story was ok. it was a pretty uniqe story.i liked the language they used like kind of a contry acsent. it made the story a lot better it was kinda a strange story the ending was cause you would have expected the ladie to call the cops or somthing but instead she helped him out. it was nice of her but it kinda makes you wonder.i wouldnt have bought the boy those shoes.
~Emily Glenn~
I did not like the story, to me it did not make any sence. Why would the women hoo just got the thief tack him to diner and be nice to him.
Patrick Ely
sup i think it would be fun to cleazn for an old person no offence to her or anything but 99 is old
from spencer
I think this story was ok, I've read better. I didn't really like that they helped the thief. I think it was good she gave a kid money that she didn't even know. Cleaning a 99 year olds house doesn't sound like fun to me.
KESSLEA CHRISTENSEN
I really liked that the lady gave the kid some food and money that was really nice, she didn't have to do that. There is no way I would invite a stranger into my house, or tell them to go and wash up. NO WAY!!!!!!!! I will have to say that she is a very king and considerate person.
Brandi Sedlacek
i liked this story.i think that it is mainly about teaching a lesson.
if you steal something you will not always be punished but you have the chance to suffer more severe consequenes.
sierra stevenson.
i thought this story was ok...wasn't the best but it has a good meaning and a good moral.it made me think about other peoples lives and everyday situations you could be put in, you don't have any one at home so you try and steal someones pocket book...it made me lucky to think about my life.this story also made me think that there are still good people in this world.
by Ashley Dunham
This story was ok, but it didn't make much sence that she acually toke a thief into her house, and gave him food, and then money after stealing her purse. And I tought it was weird that she didn't call the cops she just toke him into her house, to punish him, I would think she would have taken him to the police staion to turn him in.
-Haley~
i thought the story was ok i wouldnt ever like to clean a 99 year old ladies house because that would seem weird i mean you never know whats in there. so the story was okay
~chelsi
the story was all right not the the best but ok.
i really would not like to clean a old ladies house
but you would get a lot of money and the laide seemed nice
but over all it was not my fav
mary
i like the story because the boy stole from her, and she really didn't care. She that the boy stole from her she tout him right from rong she even called him her son and put food on the table
i thought th story was really good that was cool that the boy tried to steel from her. and she too him in and put food on the table she taught him rite from wrong. Olijawan walterman
I thought it was ok.
But it would of had a different ending in my mind.
But as they say you cant judge a book by its cover.
It had some comedy in it.
But this old woman was a beast among men.
And stood for what was right.
kierre mccutcheon
Post a Comment