Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finding Molly

Excellent entry Kesslea! Again you lead the pack. If you need to know what an excellent entry looks like read Kesslea's. Include information that shows you read the artcile. Explain your thoughts and reactions. Consider another perspective. Why do you think doctor's use to think this was the best treatment? WORK ON LENGTH, MANY OF YOU ARE NOT WRITING A LONG ENOUGH ENTRY!!!!!!!! 6-8 sentences!!!!!!

24 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

This was a sad story. If I had a kid that was mentally handicap, I wouldn't send her to an institution. I don't get why the parents did that. I also don't understand why they refused to talk about her and when her brother askedk, he got yelled at and sent to his room. It was a good story but it made me wonder why wold you want to have kids if you would send them away and never talked about them. I liked how her brother tried to find her and didn't stop until he did.





Steven

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

This story was sad.I don't get why they sent her to a mental instutution .They basicly robed her of her childhood thats not right.I don't think any desent parent would do something like that and not ever talk about them.Just because there handy cap dosn't mean there not your child. I like that her brother went looking for her and never stoped tell he found her.Thats a brave and courages thing to do.


-Colton-

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

This is a very sad story. thoes parents are total jerks. It is very sad that peaople whold do that back then.I it cool tha her brother loved her enough to go looking for her.


patrick Ely

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought story was great it made me cry,,, when i was reaing it i wondered what if that were me being tooken away from my family for a disorder i didnt even ask for its heart breaking just thinking about it. Why anybody would want to do such a thing is beyond me.

Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hehehehehhehehe

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i did not like the sory i thought it was stoopid becoause what kind of sic people send the own daughter to a mentel instatutin


they are jerk wads


spencer moore

a7x is awsomely good

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i didn't like this story. it was really sad. i don't get why the parents would send her to a mental institution. i also don't get why they didn't talk about her when her brother asked. its really stupid to want kids and then send them away and not talk about them. its just wrong. they robbed a little girl that they brought to life of her childhood, and that is the saddest thing you could ever see.

~Rachael~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

This story left me crying.I can't imagine loosing my brother.I know that in '50s and '60s putting a child who was " hany capped" in a instatution seemed like the right thing to do, but sending away your child is wrong.I can understand the thought of having to pay for medical bills and always being glanced and looked at in the store.Knowing that your child was going to be made fun of,always being at your child's side, it seems like a daunting task. But to send away your daughter,and to leave your 5 year old son saying "Where's Molly?" is a crule thing to do.You just send her away,erasing her from your lives and leaving so many questions unansered.Forbidding Jeff to know, let alone ask about his sister was a harsh punishment for a 5 year old, it would be harsh no matter what.If my brother was sent away I too would be worried that I would suffer the same fate.Although Jeff Daly had a sad childhood wondering about his sister Molly, after 46 years things started to change.I had tears of joy in my eys when I read that Jeff finally after 46 years found his sister. " I was sweating,shaking,I couldn't breath.I said,'Hello,Molly.I am your brother '"-Jeff Daly.
I'm sure his childhood seemed bitter sweet afer his introduction to Molly.I thought it was amazing how Molly remembered Jeff after all that time, but then again how could you forget family? Another facter to this story that I liked was that it took place in Oregon.It was close enough that almost all of us could relate to it.Over all I give this story a 5 out of 5! *****
P.S.
I have to give Jeff's wife some credit, after all having your husband's sister ( who happens to be "retarted") is a pretty big deal.Kodos for letting her into the family!

~ Jocelyn ~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Hey, either I 'm seeing doble or I've seen two coments that say the same thing?...?...?...


~ Jocelyn ~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

That story was sad because her life had to end up that way. It was brave of Daly to not stop looking until he found her. I would be the same way if i lost my brothes or my sister. I bet molly was really scarred because she was a special needs person who didn't know where they were. It would be very emotional to go and see Molly after 46 years. She is a very strong person for holding through all of that. So is Daly.


Michaela Deverell

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thought that the story was sad in the begning because he lost his sister his parents should not have sent her sister away.also i how he took care of his sister when she neded him.it was happy when he found his sister and got custody of her.that is also sad because his sister is mentally disabled.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

daegen

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

That story is really sad. why would you send a handicapped kid to an institute. They already have enough problems as it is. Also why would they just try to forget her and when her brother tried to talk about her he got in trouble. Another thing is if you are going to have kids you keep them not just get rid of them like an old toy or something. that has to be a true brother if he is willing to do anything to get his sister back. All I could think when I was reading is what if that were me and would my family do that.



DyLaN CoLlInS

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I tought the story was sad. It was sad that he lost his sister when he was just a kid, and sherched for her for years. It didn't really make much sence why she was put in a mental hostpital eaither. But it was good that they eventually found each other in the end.

~haley

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Finding Molly reminded me of a book I read called Al Capone Does My Shirts. Where they sent the girl off to an institution because she's disabled. I also thought it was cool how this all took place in Oregon. Molly must have had a hard life and I really like how the family members kept on seeing her in the institution even though they were supposed to forget about her. I agree with Steven on how it was awesome that her brother never could forget about Molly. I reminds me of the movie called the Forgotten where the government does an experiment to see if they can actually make a mother forget her kid. The love was so strong between the mother and her kid and she never could have forgotten him. It seems like that in this story where the love was so strong between the brother and his sister that he never could have forgotten her, even though the only memorys of her were from when she was a little girl.

--Katy Ainsworth

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think the story was really sad cause no should be treated different for there disabilitys. Its wrong.This was not my favorite Story in the world but it was okay. I didnt reallly like thye fact that his parents would do such a thing and not tell him. If I were in a situation like that were someone took something special away from me I would do just as the boy did and do everything I could to find it. Overall this was an okay story but not in my top ten or anything.



~Emily Glenn~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Brandi Sedlacek
This was a really sad story. I felt really bad for her brother and Molly that they had to be seperated from eachother and Molly didn't really have a mom. I would totally go looking for my sister if that ever happened. It is amazing that Jeff did still remebered his little sister and went looking for her and that he cares so much for Molly. This was a really good story.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Finding Molly~

I thought the story was vary sad but had a vary happy ending.if i where mollys brother i would be vary up set that they would have took her just because she was not perfact. it would be vary sad. Im glad that the brother got to find molly after thre dad died but also sad because the dad knew what he had done was vary bad. Im glad he got to find her.

~Mary~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thought that the story was very dipressing.this is just my opiyun but i dont like sad stories so i did nt like it ilrealy liked how the brother in the story loved her so much that he did not stop looking for his sister until he found her i did not like how they treated her send a metaly hadicpt kid to there very meanly why would you want to have akid if u dont spend any time with the kid

by adam tappert

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thought that this story was extreamly depressing. If i had a handicap child i woul do anything to help him/her. when i read about her brother not stoping his search for his sister it made me want to have a brother who cares. this story was good i like stories like this dont ask me why. thanks for the story!

-Heather

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thouht this storie was sad because the parents just sent her away and they never talked about her like she was never born i can not imagine what it was like but my favort part was where he found his sister and stayed there with her i thought it was pretty cool how where her brother found her she got to see her family agian.

by: Stevy Presler

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

finding molly was a sad story. It was stupid that molly to a mental instution. It was also stupid that when her brother asked about molly he got yelled at and cent to his room. but it was cool that he found he after year of seaching. olijawan