Do we still need the Electoral College? If you say no it's outdated. What about election fraud? If you say yes keep it. What about the advances in technology? Can't the people elect their own president? Write a paragraph explaining your thinking. List at least one source on the web or in print that you looked at to get information. Explain your thinking thoroughly.
Mrs. M
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
I do not think we still need the Electoral College. The way technology has proggressed I think it is outdated. I think that if we keep the Electoral College up there is more likley to be election fraud. I believe that the people of America should have the right to choose who becomes President instead of the Electoral College.
http://www.politicaldogs.org
-Colton-
I don't think we still need an Electoral College. I think it's outdated, we have a huge population compared to 200 years ago and technology (and everything) has come a long way. I don't think a group of people should have higher say than the voters for our country. It should be up to the people of America to chose the best suited prsident. I think we keep the Electoral College it will lead to election fraud. And it is not fair for the country to vote and have a chosen president, to then have the Electoral College come in and change it to what they want. People should have the right that entitles them to their opinion in who we want to run this country.
http://www.helium.com/items/92818-arguments-against-electoral-college
~katie f
I dont think we need the Electoral College. Back in 1700,1800 thay needed the Electoral College. Becuse they needed some one to vote becuse thay didnt want to travel. but now. Tecnolagy is better and we have car and buses. Plus we shold be able to vote for our president.
I think we dont need the Electrol College. This is not the 1700s,and 1800. Most of us have cars and mail boxes.Plus I dont like how a few power full men pick are president. We have technogy now witch helps. i think us citesens we have a right to vote for our president. http://www.paulkienitz.net/electoral. htm ~Olijawan
I think that we do nnot need the Electoral college ecouse people showed be able to pick the president. Especaly now were there is so many diferent ways to send in your vote by internet or mail. now any one can vote not just the ones who can make it to the box.
Patrick Ely
I think we should still have the electoral college. I think its a good idea that the united states votes for a congress who votes for a president so everybody gets a chance to vote so it is fair. and not just one group of people get to vote.
-Chelsi
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html
I don't think we should have the electoral college, because i think people should get a piece their mind out. We all should atleast to get one idea out there, it's not fair for people who is not the full country vote for the president. I think everything there doing is outdated and overated.
Sierra
I don't think we need the Electoral College because our population and technology has came a long way from 200years ago. WE, the people, should have the say in who are president should be. The Electoral College is outdated and overrated.
-alicia
I don't think we need an Electoral College. I think it's overrated and pointless now. The technology has grown so much that it is outdated to say we need it. Also, the people of the United States should be able to chose the president, not the Electoral College. 200 years ago this is needed but now that everything has progressed so much. Like many of my classmates how said, that the Electoral College could lead to fraud.
Kesslea.
http://www.politicaldogs.org
I dont think we still need the Electoral collage because it is outdated and our population is way bigger than it was along time ago.We have big advantages in the technology these days also. I dont think we should have a group of people that have more say than the whole voting population of the U.S.It wouldnt be fare,if the Electoral college has more power.The college might as well just choose the President for us and not even make us vote because if we pick on thing, the Electoral college could change it to what they want, so basically they have the control.
~!*Shelby*!~
I do not think we need an Electoral College anymore. Everything has come a long way in 200 years. I think the we the people should able to pick the president. It is also unfair that they have more say in who become the president then we do. We are the ones who have to deal with the president choices. And, it would be easy for fraud to happen. I think we don't need an Electoral College.
Ian Bozovich.
http://www.paulkienitz.net/electoral. htm
No. I don't think that we need an Electoral college because it is very outdated, and the population is much larger than it use to be. Honestly a group of people should NOT have a higher say than we all of America. We should choose our president who we think that will be a great leader for our country. Besides what is the difference when we vote and then the electoral college could just change it anyways.
http://www.helium.com/items/92818-arguments-against-electoral-college
BRANDI SEDLACEK
I don't think we need the Electoral Collage. With the technology we have today I think that it is outdated. Why make the citizes vote if in the end the Electoral College makes the decision? I think it is more likely to have election fraud with the Electoral College. It worked in the colonies but now it can cause more problems then voting. We have developed a lot as a nation and no longer need somthing established during the time of the colonies
http://www.lwvct.org/voters/electoral-college.htm
~ Jocelyn ~
I don't think we need an elestroal college beucase in one of the articles I read, in the 2000 Election Ale gore won the united states elections (meaning more people in the us wanted him over bush) but then bush won in the electroal college. It doesn't seem fair to the preson that won the whole united states and all the people that wanted him. I think once the election in american is done, it shoud remain done
haley~
http://www.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college.htm
http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html
I don't think that we need an electoral college because pepole have the right for their votes to count. If the popular vote is fore someone. they could just pick another person to be president. more people have form of transportation or mail. it is way out dated.
:) Daegen
sorry my website got cut off
http://www.archives.gov/federal-
register/electoral-college/about.html
daegen
I disagree that we need electoral college still. Technology has changed a massive amount so we do not need it as much as like a hundred years ago. I thing that with electoral collage there will be a failure in the election. we should be in a time period where Americans can choose who they want for president instead of having an outdated electoral college. we should all have the right to have our opinion about who is going to be in charge of all of America.
~Emily~
What I think is that we don’t really need an Electoral Collage anymore because of how far we have come to with all the new technology and the way that we the people have grown. I think that we are t he one that have the right to vote. I think that the people of the country should choose that they want to run their country. Also it’s so outdated.
~Mary~
I was reading politicaldogs.org and I agree with a statement they made about electoral college. The statement was this, "If the Electoral College is abolished, then all Presidential voting power would lie in the hands of major cities. Mayors and city council members become as powerful as governors and senators, and cities themselves become battlegrounds for liberals and conservatives with control of the White House at stake."
Didn't we want people to only have limited power so no one would think that they could over rule and become the most powerful?
--Katy A
I got my information from www.politicaldogs.org
I think we need the Electoral College. If the Electoral College is abolished, then its just like handing the power to the larger states. The mayors and city council members become as powerful as governors and senators. The bigger the population, the more power. The Electoral College is outdated, but it is still important.
www.politicaldogs.org
~Rachael~
i do not think that we need the electoral college. I think that we have had it for a little to long and need to find something else instead of this. I think that the people of america should be able to chose who is the president is because they are the people and they should be able to chose who the president is. They shouldn't be able to chose who it is the population is a lot bigger then beck then and the people should chose.
shane
http://www.politicaldogs.org
i don't think we should have electoral college i think how much are tecnology so we dont need electoral college
johnc
I don't think that we need an electoral college because the US wants us to vote for what president we want but once we make a decision it doesn't count. It's like when George W. Bush was running against Al Gore. Gore got the majority vote from the people but the electoral college thought that Bush would be a better president for whatever reason. I just don't think that it's fare for the people to vote but not truly get a say in it.
Michaela Deverell :-)
Post a Comment