Monday, December 3, 2007

One laptop per child campain

I think it's a good idea, mostly for all of the developing nations and third world countries. Considering that at least 14% of children in those countries have never had a day of school in their LIFE! It would be a good way for children to educate themselves after work or after chores or whatever. It would also be a way to communacate with other children like them, so they aren't "deprived" of friends. It might be good for adults to because they can educate themselves ,too. Therefore they could get better jobs and get more than a dollar a day. I'm happy that 7,500 have already been sent out.

I wish I could do something like this one day :]]

Kesslea Christensen

4 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that it is a great idea. That this guy would want to do that for so many children. I mean most of this kids hven't even sat at a desk, or have been able to learn. But this gut really cares about these poor kids that mor than likely live in poverty. I hope that one day I can do someting like this for kids all over the world.

BRANDI SEDLACEK!!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

This is great that this guy is so generous and would do something for these kids. I bet these kids feel really spaecial since he made a computer for kids in poverty. This could help the kids a lot because most of the children havent learned anything and don't know how to read. That is really sad. His generous giving would make the world a better place fot christmas. These kids I know will have a smiling face!!!!!!!
Michaela Deverell

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

1 Laptop Per Child

I think that it is a great idea that Negroponte is doing what he is doing.. some of the children have never seen electricity and they will be recieving a laptop! i think that this is just soo amasing.I do think that the children may need some assistance to the use of the laptop but in less that 20 minutes most of them will have it down. these laptops will help the self asteme of kids living in poverty conditions, they will feel so fortunate to think someone thinks about them and wants to help hem.

ashley dunham :)

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that he is doing some very helpful by giving familys comuters to
help there kids get an eduction.and all the laptops cost is 100 dollers.
plus and u can get a thing that u crank for power. plus th laptop is water proof.I wont one so that i can get a kid a nother.


olijawan