Tuesday, December 4, 2007

One laptop for Every Poor Child

So what do you think? Is the solution to helping children and giving them hope and education a laptop?
There is no question that The Internet will allow you to learn many many things. Is that good?

I do think that if you do not know how to use computers that it will have the same effect on you as not knowing how to read. Everything is involved with computer technology. Bar Codes at the store is a type of computer. I think that having the access that the internet gives us allows us a freedom that we did not have before it. Still I do not think it is enough and I think food shelter clean water and medicine have to be the first step for every person. I will be anxious to see how your generation uses technology. You who have been raised with computers your whole life and video games.

Remember 6-8 sentences.

Mrs. Masterson

14 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that giving a laptop to every poor child is a good idea. These kids will actuly use the laptop for education. If you gave a normal kid a laptop they would probaly use it to go on myspace or play games because we don't need it for education. Having a computer will teach them how to read and learn about every thing that is going on in the world or research history. The way technology is progresing having computer skills is as important as any thing else in school. Having these laptops will make up for lack of education but they should spend there money on making there life better with shelter and food.

-Colton-

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that giving a laptop to every poor child is a very good idea becouse they have a way to learn and see what it is like in other countrys. They also might be able to tell people how it is were they live.


Patrick G Ely

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i think its a good idea...i feel bad for those kids they have no chance at living a regular life...if i had 2 do that i wouldnt want to live but thats my oppinion. Having a computer could or will give them a higher education of what they had before. It might eveen give themm a chance to tell someone online about their life and help them.

Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I'm split on this. Giving each child that's either poor or living in a third world country lacking an education would be great. I think it's a good way for them to keep up with the way technology is rapidly increasing and a conveniant way to get an education they wouldn't have other wise.
I also think that there's more important things in this world than having a laptop. Like the people living without shelter, food, clean water, and other basic needs...I think that's a bigger priority. It would be to me.
I think the man m ans well but I think if I wanted to give the world something good I don't think I'd pick a laptop.
That's just me though.

~katie f~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought that this guy had a really good idea. How cool would it be to have a green laptop? I also liked the idea of the give 1 get 1 idea. To give everyone an education is so cool, especially if they don't live in a pace where they can go to school. Altough this is great idea i do agree with the peope who saythat giving these people would make more of a diffference. But the kids do say it is cool to look up anything they want to any time they want to

*Cassie Davis*

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I personally think it's a both good and bad idea. I think it would be helpful to kids who can't afford going to school. It would allow for them to have an education and have a nice job and maybe later, a decent home. But suppose there's about a billion poor children under the age of 18 and each labtop cost $100. It would add up to around $100,000,000,000. Where would we get all that money? Also, the kids could use it for things other than educational sites, like games that involve blood. You would be encouraging them to do something terrible. I think food, adequate shelter and medical services is more important than internet access and would be first priority.

Austin B. :)

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that would be a great idea. If you give every poor child a laptop it would get them more involved in the world. Then maby they can make changes to make some money. If this plan really works a lot of poor kids will get a better education. They will be able to learn to read, write ,and even research stuff. this guy might be able to help a lot of people and there family's.


DyLaN CoLlInS

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that they shod give every poor kid a laptop because they can have schools over the internet they can learn all the bacic neeeds for school they could set up a web site
or play games over the internet

daegen

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think its very good idea to give every child thats poor or living in a third world country. But there are more important things like food, water, and shelter. They would all helped to get an education, but they would still need to have a place to live and basic needs to keep up their stability. Every child needs to have an education, but they should have the things that keep them alive first.

~Rachael~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

One laptop for every poor child.

The laptop idea for every poor child i thought was a great idea.That way they could get a better education tp help them become somthing are somone.It also can help them learn to do math in read, write, and other skills they need.Where they cant really get to go to an actual school.But they would still need food,shelter,water,clothing est.But over all i think that the laptop idea was really nice.



~mary~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that every kid should have a laptop so they could have the chance to learn the things that kids do in schools.For those kids who cant afford to go to school to get an education, a laptop would help learn some things such as reading, writing and math.But theres other things kids should worry about befor getting a laptop like food,water,shelter.I think that its a great idea for kids who cant afford schooling should have a laptop

~bianca~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Yes, i believe that this is a good idea because everyone needs to have a an equal education and even if it isn't equal they will at least be getting some kind. Nicholas Negroponte i think is doing a good deed, but how are these kids who aren't even experienced with electricity going to know how to use a computer? It might a waste or a good thing. The pro is that each child will get some kind of knowledge one way or another. The con is that how will they fully grasp the idea without any help!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that it's a good idea that every poor person in the world gets a laptop. I think this could help stop descrimination from the rich and poor. There are other ways but I can't think of any and this seems like a good idea. I don't understand why people would hate a person because their poor, the color of their skin, or any other stupid reason. This is a good start to stop descrimination around the world.



Steven

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think it would be great to start teaching kids through music because these days music is LIFE!I would die without music,it helps me with everything!I picked "Good Life"by Kanye' West because whenever i need to bust through homework i listen to this song to remind me that after my homework is done it will be a good life.
-shelby