Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What You're Thankful For

Well, there's so many things in this life
that a person could be thankful for.
To me, a few things that I'm very thankful for are

my brother, my mommy, and my daddy~
I don't know what I would do with out them.
A warm home and plenty of food on my plate,
oreos and milk,
hunting and getting to see my uncle,
Texas,
rain,
my friends,
my fishing pole,
athletics,
and music.

If you really look at it and see
someone less "able" than yourself,
you gotta realize your LUCKY.
You got arms that work,
a brain that thinks right,
and legs that run...
you should be greatful for just that
I am.

katie fowlds

13 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I'm thankfull for spor ts to watch
And music to listen to
I'm thankfull for sports to play
And friends to hang out with
I'm thankfull for famly to be there
And food to eat
A dirt bike to ride
And a bed to sleep

I thik of kids that don't have all the stuf I do. It makes me think aof how luky I am. So when you hate life just be thankfull you have food.

-Colton Davis-

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Already wrote what I'm thankful for...I just forgot to add the quotation, so here it is:

Let us be grateful to people
who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.

By Marcel Proust

katie fowlds

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

ourclass
At Grandma's House

I like the taste of turkey
Any time throughout the year
But it never
seems to taste as good
As when Thanksgiving's here.

Could be it's all the trimmings
That are cooked with it to eat-
But I think it's
eating at Grandma's house
That makes it such a treat!

~Author Unknown



I'm thankful for all the hapiness and warm thoughts that are gathered at the table being able to hold a conversation rather than yelling across the table. I like the fact that I know I'm safe with my family befor my dad gets a hold of the hard develed eggs.And I like to know that people care for who I am not what I am.

By: Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Abundant Blessing
We thank you for the turkey,
The gravy and the dressing.
Dear Lord, this table overflows
With Thy abundant blessing.
Let us always be aware
That all gifts come from You,
And may we serve Your heavenly will
In everything we do. Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs

i love thanksgiving! it is one of my favorite holidays, other than christmas, because you get to eat a lot. not to mention the big new york parade.
i am thankful for a lot of thing. but here are just a few... all my family, my friends, mt house, us being able to go to florida, having my own room, having food, and lots more.
{HAPPY THANKSGIVING}
> Cassie Davis

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Happy Turkey Day!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I'm thankful for all my friends,
and my family.
I'm thankful for my pets to pet.
I'm thankful for skating for fun.
I'm thankful for football for anger,
and last but not least I'm thankful for FOOD!!!! to eat every day.
that is what I'm thankful for.


~DyLaN CoLlInS~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I am thankfull for my family, without them i don't know what i would do. another is sports, food, shelter, my dog, my skies, and anything that gets handed to me i am thankful for.

some kids are less fortunate to have all things that most kids have and i think that it's a great idea that the world has donations for kids in countries who don't have anything

Michaela Deverell

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

well there is so much to be thankful for like...
im very thankful for the food that i have on my table every night some people dont have food like we do.
im very thankfu for my family because with out then i wouldnt no what to do. Im very very thankful for my best friends i dont know how i would go shoping with out them!!! and last but not least i am thankful for school with out school i would be dumb! yep i could go on but for right now thats all


~Mary~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

My Gratitude Flames EMILY
I really liked this poem

"Thorns die,
Roses live.
Hate dies,
Love lives.
Desire dies,
Aspiration lives.
The human in me dies,
The divine in me lives.
My gratitude-flames
In the Heart of God
Never shall die.
Eternally they breathe,
Eternally they sport,
Eternally they manifest
The Supreme." By: Annonomous

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take 
nothing for granted, but to always seek out and value the kind 
that will stand behind the action. Nothing that is done for you 
is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the 
good, which is directed at you. Train yourself never to put off
the word or action for the expression of gratitude.
- Albert Schweitzer


marys poem thing by Albert

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.