The assignment is to find a poem or quote about gratitude or thankfulness. Then write about what you are grateful for in your own life. Please make sure you do both parts. Only doing one or the other will effect your grade.
My favorite quote is " Have an attitude of gratitude." Anonymous. What this means to me is that whether you are having a good or bad day you need to remember what you are grateful for in your life. It also reminds me to notice the beauty and joy around me. Look at nature; enjoy my daughter when she is being a silly 8 year old instead of being too busy to have fun.
What I am most graetful for in my life is my family. I have a good man for a husband and a daughter who is hardworking and loving even though life stacked the deck against her at a young age. I am also close to my sister, my brothers, Mom, Dad and step mom. I can't imagine my like without my step son or my niece either they are my bonus kids. My family is my main blessing but I am also grateful for my health and being able to provide for my children is a good way. I have a strong circle of friends that add so much to my life. I have work that I love. I am blessed many times over. This is what I try to remember each and every day.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
My famous qoute of thankfulness is,
"It is a glorious privilege to live, to know, to act, to listen,
to behold, to love. To look up at the blue summer sky;
to see the sun sink slowly beyond the line of the horizon;
to watch the worlds come twinkling into view, first one
by one, and the myriads that no man can count, and lo!
the universe is white with them; and you and I are here."
- Marco Morrow
I am thankful for many things but here is my top 5:
1. Good Parents/ Family
2. Good Health
3. A Good Education/ Teachers
4. Adoption
5. Friends
The quote I chose has meaning to me because it is a privilege to me to experience everything that happens, good or bad. Every breath I breathe and every image I see is a gift. I can't imagine not being alive.
----Katy Ainsworth
The comfortable and comforting people are those who look upon the bright side of life; gathering its roses and sunshine and making the most that happens seem the best. - Dorothy Dix
This is a quote that really made me think about life and what we should be thankful for.
These are some things I am thankful for...
1.my family, I am really thankful for my faamily because they all care about me.
2.my friends, Because they are slways making me feel better when I am sad.
3.My pets, because I dont know what I would be without them.
4.The food I have, Because there are a lot of people who dont have food but i do so I am thankful for that.
I think people should be more thankful for the things they have because a lot of people dont show it. ~By: Emily~
Thanksgiving is here once again
Time to gather with family and friends
To share a turkey and a pie or two
To give thanks to the ones
Who given it to you
my poem by me
makayla wood
lol mrs masterson
plus i am thankful for everone in my life. Thought at times it can be hard but its your family and friend that make it all ok agian.
plus the food and leafs and all that other stuff.
lol makayla wood
Thanksgiving
The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway~
Thanksgiving comes again!
~Old Rhyme
Patrick Ely
I am also thankful for my new dog, my house I live in, my family and that I get to live with all the great people in my life.
Patrick Ely
I'm VERY thankful for my mother.She would sacrafice anything for me.She always makes sure what I do is in my best inerest.She suppports me in ANYTHING I do.She will help me accomplish any dream I have.So there for I say THANK YOU MOM!I LOVE YOU!
-Shelby
I'm VERY thankful for my mother.She would sacrafice anything for me.She always makes sure what I do is in my best inerest.She suppports me in ANYTHING I do.She will help me accomplish any dream I have.So there for I say THANK YOU MOM!I LOVE YOU!
-Shelby
Here's my nice but short quote,
Be thankful for the least gift, so shalt thou be meant to receive greater.
Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471)
I personaly am thankful for so many things, but here are just a few of them.
- For my parents and my one younger brother who is so fun to annoy.
- That there's a decent meal on the table every day
- But also for the country we live in.
-Austin B. :)
"What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? " ~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981
I'm thankful for many things in life but the top three things that I'm most thankful for are; my family allowing me to fufill all of my dreams, my friends making my life a little more fun, and music, music allows you to express your feelings in many ways and it is all about opinions not what is right and wrong.
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!
: )
ASHLEY
T...Turkeys, tablespreads, being together,
H...Happiness and homes to protect us from all weather,
A...Aunts and uncles, a reunion in Fall,
N...Nieces and nephews, family members all!
K...Kind-hearted kin coming over for dinner,
S...Surely you'll have fun, but you won't get thinner!
G...Gourds and pumpkins, mouths open wide.
I...Indians and Pilgrims we remember with pride.
V...Very special times-there could even be snow.
I...Imagine what it was like at Plymouth long ago.
N...Never forget how the settlers led the way,
G...Giving thanks and blessing this special day.
~Author Unknown~
I'm thankful for family, friends, and a nice place to live and not to live in iraq were all the war is and to live in a safe place. I'm thankful for a nice warm house, and to have a nice thaksgiving.
~haley
My famous quote is
"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues"
by Marcus Cicero
(Compliments Of: http://www.thinkexist.com/English/Topic/x/Topic_303_1.htm)
I'm thankful for many many things such as:
1. Good health
2. My mom
3. My dad
4. Ian
5. My cats
6. Friends(leliyn, katie, kelso, etc.)
7.Everything my friends/family have given me
The quote I chose means...
that thankfulness is not only great but it's important to be greatful and thankful if want you have.
By, Kesslea Christensen
My Quote for being grateful is :
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -Marcel Proust
Every day I am SUPER GIANORMOUSLY EXTRA FANTASTICLY grateful for eveything.For evey raindrop,and bumble bee. : ) Life has so much to offer and I take it but notwithout saying thatnk you.If my parents couldn't take me to dance I would scream and cry and think that life was not worth living.If my friends were gone I think I might just sit there like a rock and fade from exintance. I'm grateful for my teachers because they inspire me so Ican dream big.I can go on and on about what I am grateful for,but ALL the things that I would say are a part of my life so I am grateful for life itself.
Here is a poem I wrote about being grateful
Grateful
This is the season of giving and being grateful
People ask me what I am grateful for
My response has no words because no words can tell it
All I do is lean over and give them a hug
And that is all they need to know
I am grateful for everything
If I were to give you a list the world would run out of ink and paper
Through the 13 years of my life so much has happened
And so much more is yet to come
I am grateful for everything that has ever happened in my life
Because it shapes who I am today
All the good times and all the bad
They make me what I am and for that I am truly grateful
By Jocelyn Parker 11/15/07
It is a glorious privilege to live, to know, to act, to listen,
to behold, to love. To look up at the blue summer sky;
to see the sun sink slowly beyond the line of the horizon;
to watch the worlds come twinkling into view, first one
by one, and the myriads that no man can count, and lo!
the universe is white with them; and you and I are here.
- Marco Morrow
I greatfull for life family food viedo games because they are a great part of life
daegen
i am thankful for a lot
LIKE
I Am Thankful
I am thankful for pets
I am thankful for school
I am thankful when I
go to friends house
I am thankful for home
And the food that I eat
I am thankful for all
The new friends that I meet
I am thankful for health
And for my family
I'm especially thankful
That I am just ME
By kyle
It may be I am getting old and like too much to dwell
Upon the days of bygone years, the days I loved so well;
But thinking of them now I wish somehow that I could know
A simple old Thanksgiving Day, like those of long ago,
When all the family gathered round a table richly spread,
With little Jamie at the foot and grandpa at the head,
The youngest of us all to greet the oldest with a smile,
With mother running in and out and laughing all the while.
It may be I'm old-fashioned, but it seems to me to-day
We're too much bent on having fun to take the time to pray;
Each little family grows up with fashions of its own;
It lives within a world itself and wants to be alone.
It has its special pleasures, its circle, too, of friends;
There are no get-together days; each one his journey wends,
Pursuing what he likes the best in his particular way,
Letting the others do the same upon Thanksgiving Day.
I like the olden way the best, when relatives were glad
To meet the way they used to do when I was but a lad;
The old home was a rendezvous for all our kith and kin,
And whether living far or near they all came trooping in
With shouts of "Hello, daddy!" as they fairly stormed the place
And made a rush for mother, who would stop to wipe her face
Upon her gingham apron before she kissed them all,
Hugging them proudly to her breast, the grownups and the small.
Then laughter rang throughout the home, and, Oh, the jokes they told;
From Boston, Frank brought new ones, but father sprang the old;
All afternoon we chatted, telling what we hoped to do,
The struggles we were making and the hardships we'd gone through;
We gathered round the fireside. How fast the hours would fly--
It seemed before we'd settled down 'twas time to say good-bye.
Those were the glad Thanksgivings, the old-time families knew
When relatives could still be friends and every heart was true.
Know i am going to tell you what iam thankful for i am thankful for my family and my friends and to have so much food for thanks giving. i am thankful for my big family coming from all over the world coming to my house i am thankful for everyone i love
Adam tappert
thanksgiving is here once again
to smile and laugh with family and friend
to eat a turkey and a pie or two
and to smile at people who smile at you
i am thankful for my family and friends
stevy presler
Happy Thanksgiving
Hope everybody had a good " turkey day" What is your favorite part???
Between the cool whip, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and hot apple pie it's a tough call.Hope everybody is good and I'll see yall on Monday.
P.S. Come to the grand illumanation at the Lodge at about 5:15 and see a bunch of people from school dance!!!
~ Jocelyn ~
The day I give thanks for having a nose
Is Thanksgiving day, for do you suppose
That Thanksgiving day would taste as good
If you could smell it? I dont think it would
Could apple pie baking---turkey that's basting
Not be for the smelling? Just for the tasting
It's cranberry-cinnanmon-onion bouquet!
Be thankful for noses on Thanksgiving day.
~By Bobbi Katz.
What im thankful for could go on for days.
Fresh cooked turkey and pumpkin pie spread out on fancy trays.
Parents who love you and care for you dearly
Relatives who come down for that Day to squeeze you sincerely
Where everyone sits around the table and comes up with dumb stuff to say
No one anymore holds hands and bow their heads to pray
No matter the struggle of food or moneyIt's always a pleasure to hear "We love you,honey"
Make sure you give thanks to heavens above
Make sure Thanksgiving day is full of love.
by alicia swindler!
Post a Comment