So what do you think? Is it a reason to be afraid? Do you think most people are clean enough to avoid this? Are teenagers more likely to get this than adults? I would hate to be scarred up because I had to have surgeries to keep from dieing. But I'd rather have a scar than be dead. Do you think this is because people are to quick to take drugs so they have become ineffective?
I look forward to reading your thoughts. Remember to include details from your reading and to try to write 6 to 8 sentences.
Monday, November 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
45 comments:
Creepy!
this article was kinda creepy. i hope they get MRSA out of Oregon before it reaches us. a desiese that antibiotics can't fix.Once again CREEPY:( if i had that i don't think i would know what it was. AHHHHHH i hope it dosen't come down here and kill everyone:(
> cassie Davis
I liked this article. Now people might be careful of their bodies and take care of them selves. If I got a bump that looked like a spider bite, I would wait a few days and if it turned really red like a bad rash, I would go to the doctors office. If the doctors couldn't fix it, I would understand because I know that there is no cure with the medical treatments we have now.
If I had a friend or family member that was ill from this, I would be very sad because I would expect the worst and hope for the best.
Steven
This article scared me and after I read it I checked everywhere to see if I had a thing that looked like a bug bite, which thankfully I didn't!! The fact that it's in Oregon is bad enough, but the fact that it kills people is scary. I can't beleive that it's already taken the lives of some people. I hope it's out of Oregon before it comes to us. And I wish that there was a drug that could prevent it, but at least the ways to prevent it are easy, like washing yuor hands and nor sharing clothing articles.
----Katy
i think its a gay desiese and that it should not exsist. it is gay . why is it real i think that the article was creepy just becaus the are so many kids that got sick or died from it
spencer
For one,
this article kinda scared me.
I feel bad for Jackie, the girl who got MRSA
from a cut on her leg and spent 4 days
in the hospital due to surguries.
For two, it REAAALLYYY scared me that MRSA is in Oregon... I hope it doesn't spread into the Deschutes County area...that would really suck.
And yet...even scarier- it enters the bloodstream, attacking bones and tissue.(And it;s invisible or looks like bug bite so you may not even know you have it.)
(wash them hands)
katie fowlds
That is a realy weird bug.It is realy bad that it killed all of thous people I wish it did not exist. It might help people be more carfule and wash there hands more. I would hate it if someone in my family got that I would be very very sad.
Patrick Ely
Wowzers!!! im a littl freaked out now! That is so crazy how if just one kid gets it, it can be super contagous! Thats so crazy how the 1900high schoolers got it just by one football player!~many people find it so easy to say "duh!" but not everyone washes their hands. i borrow clothes and lend them all the time to my bf's, but now that i know its out there, that's a little freaky* this article was very interesting!
Alicia Swindler-
WOW!! after reading that i'm a lot more conserned about my hygiene. I was already taking showers every day and absesd with a clean room, and now I gotta make sure I wash my hands every hour. thanks for the input Mrs. Masterson I'll make sure that my little cusins alot more healthy. This story was interesting I liked reading this alot. If I ever get this I would hope and prey that I beecome one of the "lucky" ones. I hope it never comes to our school because we are so small it would spread like wild fire!
-Heather Rosema
WEIRD!!!!
i would have never gussed something like this would ever take place close to here...It makes me more conserned. like finding out that you could get MRSA in things like sharing a towel, getting a liitle cut, or even sharing desks. Most of us probly do those things daily. It really makes me wonder now, like does any one that I know have it, its a scary tought.I understand that I cant do any thing about but I wish I could.
..../.Sierra
Dear Mrs.Masterson,
I knew that you could get sick if you didn't wash you hands but you could get MRSA, too? It's kinda sad. I'd bet 20 bucks that MRSA was not found in America but was transfered here. It kinda scared me to learn that somthing you consider a bug bite (that isn't really one) could be something that kills you. It freaks you out doesn't it?
Victoria M
i like this artical because it gives you a lot of information and warns you about a really bad disese that is incureable. This artical also warns people to wash their hands before it spreads to more states. That is wierd that it is as easy as washing your hands but yet it can kill you. just wash your hands because if you dont it could spread around the school.
BY DREW Smith
i liked this story. I think I'm going to start to have to wear band aids if ever fall for now on. that is sad that 3 kids died in 2 weeks. if that came to are school that would not be good. I hope someone can stop it before it gets to Oregon. I'm glad football season is over because we have contact with one another all the time when we play football. that is pretty intense that Jakie couldn't walk from this infection. This is the only time it is good that we don't have lockers because then it could spread like wildfire. everyone wash your hands every day all the way up to your wrists. If anyone has something that looks like a bug bite on there skin please go to Kathy or whoever you can reach in time because i really don't want this infection to spread throughout are school!!!
(wash your hands people!!!!)
by,
ShAnE
NeAl
HuNt
I think this story is kind of weird. Because of all the people dieing and stuff. I thought the girls parents where mean and DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the whole sickness thing would freak me. Out but i would wash my hand like 50 bujilon times a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wouldn't you want to i mean thats ronchy if you don't wash you hand's
RONCHY
RONCHY
RONCHY
Ethan-741
Eew!! This story made me VERY creeped out and aware of MRSA.I have never even heard of this disease/infection until reading this. You would not even realize that you had it unless you were farmillar with epidermis infections. Most people that have it just assume that it is a bug bite or a common rash not a disease!!I'm already a very sanitary person but because of reading this article...i am even more sanitary...now i am going to go and wash my hands because you know you can get MRSA on keyboards!!!
ASHLEY
I would most definatly not want to catch this.A desiese that is drug resistant wouln't be fun and I probibly would be pretty scared.It really makes me want to wash my hands and every thing in my house for that matter!I heard on the news this morning that the Eugean city school district is having informational meetings and keeping kids and parents informed.Can we have one of those? Because having MRSA so close is kind of scary.It says in the article "In fact, schools,where children( some with poor hygien)share desks, books and gym lockers, are a logical breeding ground," We share computers(how many kids touched your computer today?) P.E. stuff and we all touch the same doornobs.I know you can't stop that so I guess the only way is to wash your hands!I had never heard of MRSA before and now it seems to be every where. (By that I mean in the media)
T.T.F.N.
(ta ta for now)
~Jocelyn~
wow that kind of creeped me out! I hope that this doenst come to our school! Its also sad that three kids have already died from it. Its also weird that it could be spread my sharing clothes. The article was intresting.
~haley
This article is sort of scary knowing theres something out there like that. I never thought it would be such a big deal to share a sweatshirt. Jackie vann was realy lucky. she was able to survive this deases with no harm. I hope doctors will find a cure for it soon. Hopefully theres not an out break here.
-colton-
?
I didn't like this article.It made me turn all germ-aphobic.It really creeped me out.You can get it from sharing a sweatshirt.I hope they stop it before it reaches us,because I don't want a disease thing like htis near me when you can't kill it with anti biotics.I DON'T WANT THIS BUG!
-Shelby
I dont like this article one bit. Its so creepy and scary that that could kill you. And the fact that if you led or barrow cloths could get you that sick. After reading this article i have washed my hands 4 to 5 times a day. I want to find out what eles happened to the 14 year old girl!!!
-Sarah-
I dont like this, it's creepy. Let me tell you, I washed my hands like 4 or 5 times after I read this story. It would be really scary to get this "diease". That's gross that it lives in your nose and skin and clothes. GROSS! This is pretty scary becuase "it's the new AIDs". If people would just wash their stupid hands, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. I wonder if this will ever be a cure for this, I hope so. I wonder how long it will last, iff it's forever and just a few years. I hope we do find a cure so it can't last forever. It's really serious because if it reaches your bloodstream, it will atttack your bones and tissue. EWWW!! I hop people at our school wash thier hands, because I don't want to catch it.
KESSLEA
Wow i dont know what to think. Its really scarry to know that somthing so serious is going around and killing people.I feel realy bad for Jackie Vann who had to get surgery because of the superbug scare. I wish you could just get realy sick when you get this but it makes it worst to know you can actually end up in the hospital getting surgery.
Im suprised for such a small thing like poor hygiene can cause a big illness.
BIANCA
I think this stoty did leave me with a pretty good scare. Just thinking about if that were me freaked me out. I think it was sad that Jackie Vann had to go through something like that. If that were me I dont know what I would do. I might faint just thinking about the fact that there was some strange bug inside me. I liked this Article because it let people know what the real world is like. People should wash there hands anyway. they shouldnt have to be told.
SO EVERYONE WASH YOUR HANDS!
Now iam really going to be careful about using other peoples clothing. It also sucks that when you think you just have a bug bite you might actually have MRSA.
SCARY!!!!!!!!!!
This article made me very grossed out! i had no idea that there was even such thing as MRSA.I am alredy a very clen person but after reading that article i want to go wash my hands.it is so sad to think that so many people have died from MRSA. Most people that have it just think that it is a rash or a bug bite not a disease!
BRANDI Sedlacek
THE BLOG ABOVE THIS ONE IS EMILYS I JUST FORGOT TO PUT MY NAME ON IT
~EMILY~
it was kind of scary in a way and i hope that MRSA that it never gets to us but in a way it is good because maybe people will take better care of them selfs and be more awere of whats out there.
lol makayla wood
I think this story did leave me with a pretty good scare. Just thinking about if that were me freaked me out. I think it was sad that Jackie vann had to go through something like that. If that were me i dont know what i would do. I might faint just thinking about the fact that there was some strange bug inside me. I liked this article because it lets people know how the real world is. People should be washing there hands all the time anyways.
SO EVERYONE WASH YOUR HANDS!
I am really going to be careful about wearing other peoples clothes.It also sucks that when you think you just had bug bite you might actually have MRSA. SCARY!!!!!!!!!
`BY EMILY
This really scared me because if you just tuck someone or take a pencil from a fiend you could die. This really scares me because me and my friends hug all the time.I don't want
to did because of a pencil that would
stunk.
The girl was really luck that they fixed her up and she didn't die.
This paper make people more aware and make them wash more and stay clean so
they don't get it.
BY: Stevy Presler
I thought that that is was kinda scary that it is a fact about that story. And that just by not washing your hands. And I actually wonder weird this virus started.
So washing your hands is in fact a good idea. And people who don't are just gross.
kierre mccutcheon
[[WASH YOUR FRICKEN HANDS
PLEASE
AND
THANK YOU]]
kesslea
i liked this story because it had meaning it lt people know how things can really be if your not carefull with things like washing your hands all the time and not shareing other peoples clothes. EVERYBODY WASH YOUR HANDS spread the love, not the disease. thats my motto right now cause that story really freaked me out
~emily~
that would be a scary desise to get because u can die from it and u can get it eseay. so plese wash your hands.so now im scard and every one is gona dieeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
daegen
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp
I thought that this was really interesting, because it really made me think that you could have MRSA and not even know it. It makes you want to be more careful about hygiene and stuff like that. and if you think about it, its scary, because its a deadly disease.
~Rachael~
Wow! That would be horrible to get this disease. I would do everything that I wanted to do before I died because theres no cure. I really hope that MRSA doesn't come to this part of Oregon. They should get MRSA out of here quick before it spreads allover. I'm scared if it comes over here I'm moving!
DyLaN C
i thought this article was really interesting because you could have it and you might not even know it. that would suck if you got it because you would have to go through surgery or you coul just die and thats bad. i thought it was good to read about it because then you basicly wash your hands more then you usually do. it also makes you want to be carefull for it so you take care of yourself too.
~chelsi
This article was kind of shocking especially to find out that there is no cure for it. That makes me more aware when i get a spider bite cause i don't want to die. Now knowing that you can get a skin disease from sharing clothes or touching skin is creepy. so make sure that you always wash your hands because germs spread everywhere.
Michaela Deverell
I hope they get MRSA out of Oregon. If I got MRSA i would freak out! If one of my families members got MRSA I would be even not be happy.Hope they get MRSA out Oregon.I really lik the article. IT had good info.(Wash hands for 20 seconds at least 7 times a day or more). (By Olijawan)
MRSA DESIESE
Well what can i say but SCARY.a desiese that has no antibiotics that can fix it CREEPY! i would hate to have. after you tolded me about how it looked like a bug bit i look to see if i had it . i feel really bad for the children that have poor hygien that must be hard for them. well i really hope it doesnt come to us i know it is in Oregon but i hope it doesnt reach bendish area!i really dont want to die from that!!!
~Mary~
Now I'm i worried i might caught it thats why i have been washing my hands a whole lot so do you think we could have an outbreak
Kyle Contreras
this is really gross i would hate to have this thing. it sounds so scary.i hope i dont get it. i feel sorry for all the kids that died from this. so i think we should raise taxes so we can pay scientist to work harder and find a cure. if i ever got this it would suck so bad. theres nothing worse that the feeling of "about to die". man this is creeping me out really bad.
yours truly
mister gangster
strait up g
E-N
IAN B.
this article was scary and i would freak if that were to happen to me. i would hope that they would have a cure. but its a good thing because people would stat to take care of them self. as soon as i was done i check all over my body if there was bumps.
leilyn makanani
WOW, that sounds like something terrible. But it's so easy to prevent it from even starting, just wash your hands. It makes me want to wash my hands more often. And it's drug-resistant, that means it would take tens of thousands of dollars for all the work they have to do to stop it from spreading even more.
- Austin B. :)
Post a Comment