Thursday, September 13, 2007

EPICAC

Tell me what you think about this short story. Include details form the story.

86 comments:

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear Mrs. Masterson, I think this is a great story...i can really get into it @ first i didnt like it but the ending was really good

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

that was a good story vary sweet lol i liked it

from daniel

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i think that he new he could not love her the way he wanted to so what is life worth liveing if you cant love who you want to makayla wood

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

its totally radical!!! ....okay. i think its a cute short love story. i didnt see EPICAC loving Pat coming. it was a shocker!! but it was nice that EPICAC gave him those poems.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

my bad

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i like how he told him he was indiscurable :)


from daniel

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i think that the story was great but sad and i love his writing too.

,makayla wood

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

alicia~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

this is a good story not really my type but it was interesting! sinserly,
Heather Rosema

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

omg that is like a cool but freacky story mrs.masterson but it wood be cooler if he like when phyco and killed eveyone man that wood be cool or like that one movie when the robot in space like killed that on guy by like opuning the air lock and all the air came out and died

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

thank u for reading us that story

dAnIeL

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear Mrs. Masterson,

I like this story alot. it was really boring at first. At the end it caught my eye.i like the part were he said that EPICAC left him poems 4 the next 500 years.


from,
Sierra

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i though this story was really good and it was a good story about epicac an the guy lied about writting the poems and it was kinda sad

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

omg that is like a cool but freacky story mrs.masterson but it wood be cooler if he like when phyco and killed eveyone man that wood be cool or like that one movie when the robot in space like killed that on guy by like opuning the air lock and all the air came out and died

ZACK DID THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

That computer was really stupid.Why would it destroy its self for no reason.It thinks its a human why would a computer think that.I would never be friends with a computer.

COLTON

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i really like the story. i thought it was very interesting how it could wright poetry.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thought that the story was preaty good but i dont get how the computer communicates.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think that this story was really wierd. I didn't really understand this story it wa s kind of confusing. It was so different that the computer took up an acre, compared to now. It was relly cool that the computer was in love with the girl and and he didn't understand that he couldn't marry Pat because he was a computer. The story was kind of sad!!!!! But it was kind of a good story. My favorite part is when the guy said Epicac gave me enough poems for the nex 500 anniverserys.

Brandi sedlacek

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

HE HE HE HE HE HA LOL GANGSTER

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

stevy said:i loved this storie it was good it was sad but i still liked it. i didn't like the part were he told epicac the lie. i thought it was cute how he feelin love with pat.i hated how epicac.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

it was coolaid!!! alicia**

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought EPICAC was really tricky.Pat Really married EPICAC,because she didn't fall in love with the human she fell in love with what she thought the human wrote.I think it was sad about what happened to EPICAC in the end.

-Shelby

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i though this story was really good and it was a good story about epicac an the guy lied about writting the poems and it was kinda sad
john

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

well from what i know computers have really changed.the story was vary sad.i thought that EPICAC was a nice computer/guy. it was nice of him/computer to give the person pomes that will last 500 years.i also think that back in the days they had big computers.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I LOVE YOU!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought that the story was a little weird. Because of the technoligy the is

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

From hearing this story i think about how much technogogy has changed since this time period. Computers now are very tiny compared to an acre large! This story ended up sort of sad. Epicac seemed to have been a nice computer/man.It is sad that pat wouldn't marry him.


//ashley

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

well from what i know computers have really changed.the story was vary sad.i thought that EPICAC was a nice computer/guy. it was nice of him/computer to give the person pomes that will last 500 years.i also think that back in the days they had big computers.
mary

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear mrs masterson i thought it was great. At first i didnt think that it was that intresting. But when we started to get into the story more it started to make alot more sense. It also got way more intresting when it told the computer aboutlove. Because it was better when the computer was like writting back to him. So he was like talking tho a computer. Ithought that it was realy cool but the ending was kinda sad even thow it was justa computer.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear mrs masterson i thought it was great. At first i didnt think that it was that intresting. But when we started to get into the story more it started to make alot more sense. It also got way more intresting when it told the computer aboutlove. Because it was better when the computer was like writting back to him. So he was like talking tho a computer. Ithought that it was realy cool but the ending was kinda sad even thow it was justa computer. from adam

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear mrs masterson i thought it was great. At first i didnt think that it was that intresting. But when we started to get into the story more it started to make alot more sense. It also got way more intresting when it told the computer aboutlove. Because it was better when the computer was like writting back to him. So he was like talking tho a computer. Ithought that it was realy cool but the ending was kinda sad even thow it was justa computer. from adam

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

It was a great story. A little romantic for my taste, but not bad. It sucked that the computer fell in love with the chick. It was pretty pathetic that the guy had to steal the computers poems to marry Pat. The ending was extremely good, though. Kind of dramatic, and sad, but it was still a good story. 4/5

-Brandon Messinger

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought it was a good story and it was surprising in all the right spots. EPICAC seemed like a cool computer especially after he wrote enough poems for the next 500 anniversarys. I felt somewhat bad for EPICAC as well because he never felt love and I think he wanted that but he destroyed himself and helped his friend instead.
--Katy Ainsworth

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Mrs.Materson-
I personally thought that Epicac was ok...I really liked the ending, but not much before that. I thought that the ending was easier to understand, relate, and get into...so that's just what I have to say about it.

~katie

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

mrs masterson,
i liked that story. it was kinda boring at first, but i got into it. it sounded like the narrator was almost a robot himself. but it was a very good story line. it was interesting that the computer fell in love with the girl.

rachael

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Mrs. Masterson,
i like this story. at first it wasnt really registering so i though it was boring.then i started listening more and it was more interesting. EPICAC was good story and you can really get into it.i love the ending even though it was kinda sad.i like this kind of book. it was overall a good book :]]

~kesslea

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

it was a good story not really what i like to read but i enjoyed it. i thinks the end part was good cause the machine was in love with the chick and it couldent have her so it was kool
-ian

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Dear Mrs.Masterson-

this is a very intense story at the end... ;(

~(also) by katie

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i thot the story was really boring in the beggining cuz i didnt get it but then near the end it got me hooked and it was a really cute story and the end kind of reflects to the end of the sotry so i got what it was about and the idea about the poems was rlly cute and that EPICAC left all of those poems for then next million years or somethintg yeah it was a good story

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

cheching if it works

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

cheching if it works

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

:]]

HII EVERYONEEE

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought that the story was a kind of sad story because the epicac shut himself down. the theme i think was based on thous old movies were the guy built a thing so he could gel love advice. lol i think that was a good story. but he did not bulid it.He must have been a good poem writer.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Mrs.Masterson,
I guess the story was pretty good but i only got to here some parts of since I was writing. I think the concept of the story was kinda strange, a computer that falls in love with a person, and then blows itself up. But i guess it was better than someother short stories i've read. I think pat only married that guy because of the poetry that she thouht that he wrote.

- cassie davis

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

that was spencer

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought the story was cool that the computer was all wacked out and crazy cool that the computer,Waz O.M.G in love with pat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is EtHaN's 741

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

i didn't find it that interesting but thats because i don't really like love stories. it was cool in some parts though.

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hi kesslea
-ian

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought it was pretty boring. I didn't like it that much but it had a good storyline. It was entertaining for a while then I got bored. The story with the robot and the guy both being in love with the same girl and the guy was lieing about the poems the EPICAC robot wrote. Pat, the girl, was inpressed by the poems. When he asked her to marry him again after the poems she said only if he wrote her a poem on everyone of their aniverseries. On the night he left the robot on, he made poems for Pat and he could use them for the next 500 years. I would be mad if my REALLY REALLY exspensive robot broke.






from steven

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think the story was pretty cool it was kinda confusing@first but then i really got into it. it was also really kinda weird.i was really suprised by the ending. EPICAC was nice 4 giving the guy those poems. overall the book was good.


~Emily Glenn~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

daegen

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hey ian and leilyn and katie and everyone :]]

i love you guys

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! whut oh its over

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

gansterrrrr :]]
daniels just weirdly kool like tht

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

coolaid is a cool ansure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EtHaN's 741

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I think the story was pretty cool but sad because the computer killed himself because he did not want to be a computer. I think it partly the guys fault that the computer distroyed its self because he taught it about love so that he wanted to be human. DREW

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hi peoples!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

wats up that computer its stupid i agree with colton its stupid y wood it think its a person stoooooooooopid computer




good
storie
though
we
need
scifie
alright!!!!
from spencer
a
7
x
rox!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

TRANSFORM

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

ok so theres this robot whos like is saposed know evreything but the desingers nevverr put in love or things like that enneywaise this guy is like in love with this coworker pat or somthing like that ENNYWAISE! he types in a randome message and he repllies and its cyco enneywaise the robot makes him poems and pat falls in love thats about it

From Ben

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

our volleyball game starts at 4:oo pm

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Mrs.Masterson,
I totally loved the book.I really like how EPICAC fell in love with Pat.I felt kind ofsorry for him though becauseof what that the narrator said,"Women can't love machines,and thats that."I am glad that Pat and the narrator got married.I thought it was really sweet that EPICAC made 500 years of poems.

~Jocelyn~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

GANGCKSTER

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I D K , M Y O B , T G I F

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

karrot hahaha

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

YA WHUT OK!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

idk my bff jill

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

What a interesting word


KAPUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

EPICAC would have been like the coolest "computer" ever...I felt bad that he never felt love, even tho he could have, but he is so awsome for making his friend 5oo poems for all the future anniversaries (with both guys lover Pat)...that's like the ultimate nicest thing in friendship!!!! too bad epicac went suicidal...

=] katie [=

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

:]]
spencer yrr coat is warm and fuzzy
hahaha

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Hi ian
EtHaN 741

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hi leiylin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

slipknot a7x sublime sum41 godsmack korn ac/dc disturbed poison soad

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I realy liked the story, even though it felt like i was in kindergarden because mrs. masterson was reading it instead of ourselfs, kinda like storytime. But other wise i like the story, but i think epicac must of been realy stupid to destroy itself,realy, realy, realy stupid. But it must have been realy cool to talk to a computer that has a pesonality.

HARRISON LITEHISER

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

9 12 -15 - 22 - 5 - 9 - 20

I LOVE IT




~ JOCELYN ~

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

hey beautifuls-

kesslea im writing back.

-katie

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I LOVE YOU GUYSS
:]]
GO TO OUR VOLLEYBALL GAME AT 4
G2G byeee

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

idk its nbd my bff stev-0

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

peace out

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

I thought this story was very entertaining. I liked the idea that EPICAC fell in love too. Sorry for being so late. :)
Austin Brown

Mrs. Masterson's Class said...

Epicac is a story about a super computer. and two peple have to tack car of it and the man askesk the computer for edvice but he leves it on all night and it explods.




patrick ely